Posted January 14, 2013 by michael_g in Software
Plex updates Windows 8 app and Plex Media Server
This Plex Windows 8 app update brings a host of fixes and new features. It looks like they have also added Windows Play To support and you can now delete video’s from your library.
Windows 8 app
- Support Direct Play for non-streaming video files (AVI, unoptimized MP4)
- Support Direct Play for Apple Movie Trailers
- Skip/seek/resume now works much, much better with Direct Play content
- Support for PlayTo contract (works great with WMP, not so great with Xbox 360)
- Support Windows Media Center remote controls
- Support TV show theme music
- Preferences are now broken into nice sub-sections
- Preference for online video resolution and quality
- Preference for subtitle size
- Preference for audio boost
- Preference to Direct Play or transcode when selected subtitles are incompatible
- Ability to en queue channel videos
- Ability to mark library videos watched or unwatched
- Ability to rate library videos
- Ability to delete library videos
- Support auto-paging for channels that page
- F5 refreshes all pages, F12 returns to main page
- Only pull content from active server (makes main page a bit more deterministic)
- iTunes music will now Direct Play instead of transcoding
- Detect and warn about obsolete channel media
- Open the appbar automatically when a video ends
- Changing search category now scrolls results back to beginning
- Search results now show source server
- Search items now correctly display images when connected to inactive server
- Main page now displays a sad face when no content is available
Plex Media Server
- Workaround for LG TVs rebooting.
- (Windows) Lots of CPU, giants logs in some cases.
- An issue scanning sections where the paths had trailing slashes (e.g. W:\).
- MP4 files with DTS streams had them incorrectly identified as MP4a.
- (Sync) A few issues with sync status not being reported correctly.
- (Transcoder) An A/V sync issue affecting Windows 8 Plex app.